The Following was taken from this site: http://prolifeprofiles.com/mitt-romney-abortion *Please click on the link to full the full site because there’s much more chronicled information than what I put here. (*Links to sites are not an endorsement of the site but are for informational purposes only)
As a “Pro-family” Republican Candidate: by his undeniable record fully documented below, Mitt Romney:
- – created RomneyCare which is terribly similar to ObamaCare but even worse for it openly funds all abortions, on demand
– put Planned Parenthood on the so-called “independent” board he created that offers $50 co-pay abortions
– thereby instituted tax-funded abortion on demand two years after his orchestrated “pro-life” conversion
– as late as 2012 says he would nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice John Roberts (who upheld Obamacare)
– continues to defend aborting hundreds of thousands of kids (denying their God-given right to life)
– supported destructive embryonic research after his false 2004 pro-life conversion
– put a pro-abortion Democratic judge on the bench after Romney had claimed a pro-life conversion
– falsely claims that a court ordered him to institute same-sex marriage, a travesty he is to blame for
– single-handedly instituted same-sex marriage and later fabricated a claim that a court ordered him to do so
– bragged that he would continue to defend abortion “rights” after he claimed a pro-life conversion
– denies responsibility for 10-member board funding abortion even though his executive branch filled 7 seats
– pro-choice in ’94; pro-life in ’01; choice ’02; pro-life ’04; choice ’05; life in ’06; then funded abortion in ’06; and now in 2012 he has a “health exception,” the loophole opened by the Supreme Court’s Doe v. Bolton opinion that allows all abortions, as in Colorado for example, throughout all nine months.
- Change of Heart? Preparing to begin his bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2005, Mitt Romney orchestrated a demonstrably false 2004 pro-life conversion . Romney must have expected that leading conservative media outlets, groups, authors, and talk show hosts (like Sean Hannity and Hugh Hewitt) would ignore, deny, or even defend his subsequent pro-abortion efforts. Romney’s support for dismembering unborn children proves that his “conversion” was a political deception devised to steal pro-life votes. So putting Planned Parenthood on the state board that he created which authorized even late-term tax-funded abortion on demand, a crime against humanity far beyond anything the Clintons or Barack Obama have been able to accomplish, is brushed aside by untrustworthy “pro-life” conservative leaders.
- Authorizing Tax-Funded Abortion: On April 12, 2006 Romney signed Massachusetts’ government health care plan that from the start has provided taxpayer funds even for what are called “elective” abortions, killing unborn children without even the facade of the typical though invalid medical excuses common in tax-funded abortion laws. Romney’s government-run health care plan predated Barack Obama’s health care reform and according to the government of Massachusetts, “All Commonwealth Care health plans include… abortion.”
Romney Care was/is the precursor to Obama care
- Tax-Payers Forced to Fund Abortion: Unlike the countless “liberals” and moderates who are “pro-choice” but oppose tax-funded abortion, “RomneyCare” goes beyond being merely “pro-choice” and is radically pro-abortion by overtly paying abortionists to perform any and all types of abortions with tax dollars.
- If I Did It, Here’s How It Happened: Can Mitt Romney be connected to the authority that offers tax-funded abortion? Other than, that is, that he created it, determined its composition, and staffed it? Romney and his executive branch had staffing control over seven of the ten members of the board he created. But here’s Romney’s lie to pass the blame for tax-funded abortion onto his friends. If I Did It: Romney claims, “The Commonwealth Care benefit services package was developed by the Connector Authority – an independent authority separate from the Governor’s Office. … Their decisions were made separate of the Romney administration.” The truth is that the “Connector” was created by Romney’s authority with the Act of 2006 that he signed, it was placed under Romney’s executive branch administration, and was run by a ten-member board with four members directly seated by Romney’s authority: the Planned Parenthood seat which he created, and three others appointed by Romney himself, and three appointed by Romney’s attorney general who was also part of the executive branch and Romney administration.”
- It’s Not My Fault: The health care plan Romney signed into law states, “Any action of the connector may take effect immediately and need not be published or posted.” Romney’s denial of responsibility for tax-funded abortion is like a governor appointing a known racist and giving him authority to lynch and then denying any responsibility.
- 1994 Pro-Choice Run: Romney ran for Senator in Massachusetts as pro-choice in 1994, attended an abortion fundraiser on June 12th, and his wife Ann gave $150 to Planned Parenthood. (End of quote-see source link above for full site and more information)
Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show (From MotherJones a very liberal site)
“The Stericycle deal—the abortion connection aside—is relevant because of questions regarding the timing of Romney’s departure from the private equity firm he founded. Responding to a recent Washington Post story reporting that Bain-acquired companies outsourced jobs, the Romney campaign insisted that Romney exited Bain in February 1999, a month or more before Bain took over two of the companies named in the Post‘s article. The SEC documents undercut that defense, indicating that Romney still played a role in Bain investments until at least the end of 1999.
Here’s what happened with Stericycle. In November 1999, Bain Capital and Madison Dearborn Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, filed with the SEC a Schedule 13D, which lists owners of publicly traded companies, noting that they had jointly purchased $75 million worth of shares in Stericycle, a fast-growing player in the medical-waste industry. (That April, Stericycle had announced plans to buy the medical-waste businesses of Browning Ferris Industries and Allied Waste Industries.) The SEC filing lists assorted Bain-related entities that were part of the deal, including Bain Capital (BCI), Bain Capital Partners VI (BCP VI), Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors (a Bermuda-based Bain affiliate), and Brookside Capital Investors (a Bain offshoot). And it notes that Romney was the “sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd.”
The document also states that Romney “may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to” 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle “in his capacity as sole shareholder” of the Bain entities that invested in the company. That was about 11 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock. (The whole $75 million investment won Bain, Romney, and their partners 22.64 percent of the firm’s stock—the largest bloc among the firm’s owners.) The original copy of the filing was signed by Romney.
Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds “voting and dispositive power” with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?
Stericycle was a lucrative investment for Romney and Bain. The company had entered the medical-waste business a decade earlier, when it took over a food irradiation plant in Arkansas and began zapping medical waste, rather than strawberries, with radiation. The company subsequently replaced irradiation with a technology that used low-frequency radio waves to sterilize medical waste—gowns, masks, gloves, and other medical equipment—before it was transported to an incinerator. By mid-1997, Stericycle was the second-largest medical-waste disposal business in the nation. Two years later, it was the largest. With 240,000 customers, its operations spanned the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Fortune ranked it No. 10 on its list of the 100 fastest growing companies in the nation.”
(End of Quote: See MotherJones Story here for full text)
From “The Examiner” a spin off of Fox News Generally more conservative
“Stericycle is a medical waste firm that disposes of medical waste from clinics and hospitals including “waste” from abortions that pro-life supporters consider to be human remains deserving of burial.
Reports surfaced in July that Mitt Romney personally and Bain Capital invested millions of dollars in Stericycle and profited handsomely from that investment. Details have been hidden because Romney used an off shore company he owned in a confidential tax haven, Bermuda, to make the investments.
Romney used to be pro-choice and supported Roe v Wade. He has flip flopped and now says he is anti-abortion. The Stericycle investment raises eyebrows because some conservatives say Mitt’s money is not where his mouth is.
Even though pro-life groups had targeted Stericlycle prior to this disclosure about Romney’s investment, the issue has been as hidden as Romney’s tax returns—until now. Mother Jones broke the story, but other than Mother Jones and this column, no one has really covered Romney’s investment in Stericycle.” (end of Quote. See here for full Story: Pro-life group wants GOP to suspend nomination of Romney…)
Hey, “Young Turk,” I care! I may not do a whole lot, but what I do is care. I care enough that I’m willing to be attacked by all the people on the right who are in love with Romney and Ryan simply because they are brainwashed by the rhetoric. I’m willing to loose readers by putting out a post like this which reveals who Romney really is. Now, I must add this disclaimer, I’m not a Liberal, I’m not for Obama, I’m not a “lefty;” however, thanks to age and wisdom I am no longer considering myself a “Republican” either. Because I know the type of propaganda that spews from the pulpits of the Christian Right as well I will not call myself that either. I’m not in the “Tea Party” movement, and I don’t know a lick about what Libertarian’s believe so don’t call me that either. I’m willing to error on the side of truth and just bow out completely from this year’s most fake and bogus Presidential Campaign in history! And you thought 2008 was historical. No my friends, you have to go into this election fully aware of what you are doing and whom you are voting in. I do not agree with, “anybody but Obama.” I fell for that bowl of lie soup last time and almost fainted in the voter stand as I cast my vote because I knew how “Liberal” the Republican candidate was and didn’t think we’d be any safer with him! This time I am not going to sacrifice my ethical and moral judgement based on some stupid movie (2016) or “Empty Chair” propaganda. Don’t you see, don’t you get it, Romney is the Liberal in this election that is exactly why Clint Eastwood endorsed him and that’s exactly what you’re going to get. He’s not going to repeal Roe Vs. Wade, the repealed Don’t Ask Don’t tell, the Obama Health Care Act, the DHS or TSA grouping you at the airports, he’s not going to lock down the borders (North or South), he’s going to keep state determined marriage laws for same sex marriages. What is he actually going to do “if” (even CNN wants Romney they use the term “when”) Romney gets elected? From his RNC speech it sounds like he’s going to start new trade wars with China and instigate Russia possibly into a military war! (Bunny trail moment: The more I think about our Foreign policy the more I wonder if the US is not the “hook in the jaw” that you read about in Ezekiel’s war.) We seem to be doing everything we can to disrupt the Middle East and uproot Africa and stir the sleeping Bear of the North. God Help us. I do believe America is great and that we are a good nation, and I say that knowing much of the evils we do commit! However, we cannot continue to blindly and stupidly elect these Terrorists. Yes, I said it, producing illegal wars, killing innocent lives both domestically via abortion, and internationally in wars that are never voted on by our Congress but funded and blessed in secret via executive orders is wrong. The “Christian right” is the categorical group I have the most frustration with because —You— (we) are supposed to be held to a higher standard and are to reflect Christ. Instead the Christian Right is screaming that Romney is a “Christian” when he worships Moroni and has another Jesus; and yet, condemning Obama for being a “closet Muslim?!” This is stupidity. The Christian Right listens to Jesuit Generals and “Christian” Authors more than their own doctrines that Christ taught. Whatever you do on election day make your decision an educated one, and accept full responsibility; and don’t blame Glenn Beck because he “didn’t tell you” that Romney and all of Mormonism is truly Replacement Theology, their church LDS, replaces Israel as the covenant people. You have google, start your own vetting.
Romney is hiding Bain abortion profits in his tax returns, says Tampa foe– http://www.renewamerica.com/article/120822